Saturday, November 13, 2010

The First Story- 3 AM Guitar Hero

Where do I begin with the stories? There have been so many oozing from this apartment I honestly have no clue where to start.

Well, okay. Let me start by saying this first. The names of the people involved in any of the stories will remain a pseudo-mystery. Yes pseudo-mystery. Mostly because the people who are entangled in these adventures are our friends. We wouldn't have any of these stories if it weren't for our amazing friends joining us on our crazy drunken journeys. So to make sure they stay our friends...and keep reading the blog...we are going to use aliases for everyone. However, if you know the story or are part of the story, you will know exactly who I am talking about.

Here we go...

Everyone has their own way to "pre-game" before they go to the bars in search of cheap beers, strong shots, and an overall good time. Some people like to start with drinking games, i.e. beer pong, flip cup, or any generic college card game. These are all a great time and I love to play them. However, these are not a part of Apartment 14's pre-inebriation ritual. Guitar Hero is our game of choice. There is nothing like rocking out to classic rock artists such as Bon Jovi or Boston before a night of heavy drinking. You feel kind of like a rock star when you are jamming out and you need to take a break to down the freshly poured Jack and Coke someone just handed you, a la Michael Anthony of Van Halen. You take swigs when you have a free second while the other person is in the middle of a sick solo. The master of pre-gaming Guitar Hero solos is Nova. Every time without fail when he comes over to Apartment 14, he makes a b-line straight for the DVD carousel that holds our games and movies and evaluates which GH he wants to play. It all depends what songs he wants to hear that night. Michael Jackson? Bon Jovi? Rage Against The Machine? I usually just let him choose...because honestly I could care less.  It all just gets me jumped for the night ahead of us. We play our set to make sure we aren't sober before we head to the bars...makes for a cheaper night. We play between 6-10 songs. GH usually stops when the walls start moving from screen moving and the booze. Then the night begins. Bars, booze, and beers ensue until the early hours of the morning. As everyone is stumbling around trying to find some mode of transportation to their next destination after the bars close, we stroll back to Apt 14. We are never ready to stop the party when we get back. Nova always has the awesome idea to start GH back up at 3 AM. And I'm right there with him because I didn't get enough classic rock (well who can ever get enough classic rock?) from bar around the corner. Usually by this time La Presidente and Florence NightinDrunk are already in bed. Nova and I make another drink before we are rocking out. The XBox is on. The game is in.  Drinks are poured. We are ready to rock. The music starts and the screen starts moving with the notes. At this moment I know I made a terrible decision. I'm already 12 beers deep from the bars, why was it a good idea to make another drink? Do I really think I can play GH as well as I did just a few hours ago? Not a chance. I try to get through the first song. Booed off stage. Nova says a few words of encouragement. La Presidente comes out of her room to lay down the law and to tell us to turn the game off. Not a chance. Rock stars don't have rules.Next song. Booed off again. He gets that pissed look in his eyes. Third song. Booed off again...and the last time. Nova takes the guitar off with a "Fuck this." under his breath. I agree. I try to muscle down my drink so I don't break rule number three of the apartment rules. My stomach says "Nice try buddy." I stumble to my bed so I can get some sleep because I know there is going to be another Guitar Hero Concert at Apartment 14 the next night.

No comments:

Post a Comment